This Chardonnay is characterized by stylish opulence with lots of exotic fruit and delicate, choice roast aromas. The complex bouquet is reminiscent of ripe citrus fruits, coconut with a hint of vanilla. Extract and acidity form an appealing balance. Round on the palate, with velvety fruit and pleasantly integrated tannins. A multifaceted, elegant Chardonnay with great ageing potential.
Chardonnay FREIENFELD: the charming one.
Fermentation in blond & medium toasted French barriques followed by ageing (incl. batonnage) for 12 months without malolactic fermentation. Ageing on the fine lees for 6 months in large oak barrels, min. 6 months of bottle ageing
|Alcohol||14,0 % by vol.|
|Total acidity||5,8 g/l|
|Residual sugar||1,6 g/l|
|Yield per hectare||40 hl|
|Optimum maturity||4-12 years|
|Method of cultivation||sustainable|
|Bottle sizes||0,75 l|
- 300-500 m a.sl., south - east, slope
- Great day/night temperature difference
- Sandy and gravelly soil rich in dolomite
- Decanter World Wine Awards97/100 points - "Platinum"
- Falstaff93/100 points
- James Suckling94/100 points
- Doctor Wine95/100 points - "Faccino"
- Robert Parker's Wine Advocate93/100 points
- Decanter World Wine Awards91/100 points
- Falstaff92/100 points
- Robert Parker's Wine Advocate92/100 points
|Bottle size|| |
Delivery time approx. 2-7 working days